Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend W-RAW-up

For lunch on Friday, I had another spinach banana smoothie (SURPRISE!), as well as a piece of toast with an egg on it.

Here's my spinach and banana smoothie:



I don't have a picture of the egg, but just picture an egg with a halo around it and you get the picture. That was the most divine egg I had ever tasted. Perfectly cooked with coconut oil instead of olive, silky and smooth, it tasted like sheer perfection. I swear it made my vision even sharper than all the raw nutrition I had been consuming all week.

Dinner involved a ham and cheese panini, but it must not have been enough, because I was FREEZING all night.

Saturday involved some raw "cereal" for breakfast, a burger for lunch, and a burrito for dinner. I felt great! I was so much warmer, happier, more energetic. I've decided that two raw meals and one cooked meal every day is a good long-term balance that I can happily maintain.  My taste buds would be happy eating raw all the time, but in my opinion, the side effects are a sign that something is wrong and not just a "detox period."

Anyway, if a detox period of indefinite duration includes:

-Ridiculous moodiness;
-Afternoon lack of energy (this never happens to me);
-Simultaneous hypothermia and hot flashes a.k.a. "sensitivity to hot and cold";
-Gnarly dry skin and breakouts,

Then I don't think that I want to live my life in a transitional detox state!

Benefits to 2 raw/1 cooked:

-I kind of don't drink coffee anymore. HOW can this happen and WHAT is the world coming to?! I have been happily hooked on the brown IV drip since I was sixteen, and I have never voluntarily bypassed my morning cup and still felt great and alert.
-You basically get to eat whatever you want all the time. When you are eating raw, chewing is like a second job. As soon as I finish with a meal, I am looking for my next snack. This is what hunters and gatherers must have felt like! I'm sure that foraging for the cheapest avocado in the Mission is no less straightforward than discerning among edible and lethally poisonous plants while dodging tiger attacks or arrows from neighboring tribes.
-And when you get to your cooked meal, you STILL get to eat whatever you want because no way are you not starving after eating raw for the past 18 hours.
-Morning vitality and great endurance minus dry skin, shivering, or mood swings. Please tell me what there is not to love. NOTHING, I say! The RAW-volution is here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment