Wednesday, June 27, 2012

On Wisdom and Time

I feel that.. perhaps my travels have granted me the ability to step outside of myself ever so slightly to examine events present or past in my life. After having actually exited my American life and returning as a completely different person, I had the experience of attempting to reintegrate myself with this time-capsule preserved life as an outsider who was living and breathing my identity during and before my absence.

Now I find at times that I still take advantage of this outsider's perspective and get a clearheaded evaluation in situations when we are tempted to lie to ourselves. And I just feel that due to the common threads that link humanity, the world has so much more simplicity we are not always noticing during our day-to-day lives. Simplicity means lack of worry, simplicity means applying a mental equation system to see things as they are and not in a cloudy, wanna-be way.

But I find that with greater life experiences, simplicity also means a straighter-shot arrow weeding through the lots of ways that we imagine things could be and separating out the way that we have come to learn they really are.

Anyway, I wish time moved in a different way sometimes, maybe not so linearly, so I would have the chance to sort through all these thoughts and still in some parallel way get done what I should have gotten done while sorting through these thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment