Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Won't you save me San Francisco?

I've been here for two nights now and just like last summer, I love every inch of it. My send off was moderately dramatic (read: I bawled at the Phila airport in the security line.) I guess Philly IS more fun if you stay over, by "stay over" meaning never leave. Crying is not my usual form of expelling body substances at the airport; I am much more likely to throw up on an airplane. Well at least we didn't have any of that, but I do have two flights coming up this weekend, vse vperedi!

ANYWAY, I will save the reasons for that and how they worked themselves out for another entry, because they will fit in very nicely with the theme and witty title I have already through up. Good titling opps, for me, are few and far between, so I have to milk them for all I can.

I am visiting lovely Scott and Elisse, who fed me popsicles and took me bowling and provided fabulously cozy accommodations and two bonus cats to cuddle with.

Speaking of cats, I am NOTHING like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-92wriOZ-s

Just wanted to take the time to make that even more viral than it already is.

I missed a bus stop today and basically had a two hour bus tour of downtown San Francisco as a result. I love the bus so much more than driving. Running in Golden Gate Park makes the time pass so quickly because of the perfect amount of sunshine and the way that the tiles on the ground are somehow better sized for your feet...

Speaking of feet, walked a bit barefoot after my shoes started giving me mad blisters. It was one thing when I was carrying them in my hand, but when I put them away in my purse I think people were just confused.. (mind you, I was wearing interview clothes at the time.)

Now it is wildly windy and slightly chilly. I didn't realize how much I now enjoy being cold in the evening when I'm not under the covers, thank you Nepal. I'm hoping this wind brings some colder weather for tomorrow so I am not too overheated wearing my boots all day. Why can't I wear flip flops, you ask? I have a VERY IMPORTANT lunch interview that I am eyebrows to the sky excited about!

Suparatri,
.

No comments:

Post a Comment