Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Growing up, but not really. And by "really" I mean "at all."

I alternate being amused and terrified at the fact that everyone basically assumes that I am my half-brother's mother when we are at the playground, but get a kick out of it either way. I told some nanny that I liked her jeans and she said that he has cute dimples. Yeah, it doesn't help that we look alike and that I look marginally old enough to have a 4-year-old (if you assume that I HAD HIM IN HIGH SCHOOL) and I'm not going to spend my time telling handfuls of random strangers my family history.
"Come on, honey, let's do this algebra problem in the sand, you already went to Mommy's algebra class when you were 1!"

In other news, how often do you apply for something and have the application become closed WHILE YOU ARE HITTING SUBMIT?! I accept that it wasn't meant to be, and I am grateful for the motivation to have different kinds of samples more readily at hand for the job application process.

I think that the opinions about the status and quality of the job application process are vastly different for recent college grads, especially when considering the country's current situation as well as the diverse opportunities we have upon graduation. From people with a cushy job to people who have switched jobs to people who are still waiting on a job that has any kind of benefits. Well let me tell you, giving birth when you are in high school is NOT the solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment