Thursday, May 31, 2012

Raw-nodushie? Not by a long shot!

So around 2:45 PM today I came dangerously close to calling it quits at the end of today and summarizing what I learned from the raw food diet. I was tired of feeling cold, bloated, and moody all the time, sick of how expensive it was, really wanted a warm plate of rice, and doubted that one more day of suffering would really result in any spectacular raw-velations. (HAHAHA)

Then we had a nice chat in Pilates class which really drew attention to the benefits I have been observing and the weirdly intense ways in which these benefits have been manifesting themselves.

Case in point: I slept in until 10 today, finally catching up on the sleep I have been lacking from about 2 months ago. Is that because I did not drink coffee yesterday or because I am playing rabbit this week? The world may never know.

Anyway, I realized that I don't have any rice at the house anyway, and defrosting toast out of spite to the raw food community is not exactly going out with a bang.

So as of right now, I feel good about finishing out these 5 days and then thinking about ways to integrate raw foods into a longer term plan. I haven't decided if that will entail extending the trial or switching to a partially cooked, but still very wholesome, meal plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment