Sunday, April 27, 2014

In Four Years' Time

I had an inadvertently intense over-coffee conversation this week. Not only did it almost make me late for class, but it made me completely unprepared to sit in class. Yes, how could I sit there and blink and nod and pay attention when I really needed to be sitting under a tree, doing my best Buddha impression while trying to process the heaviness of information had had just been bestowed on me? Bestowed by someone pretty damn qualified, to say the least.

It's been a pensive couple of months, actually a pensive year.

It's been a hard year, hard year for love

Some really good conversations have come out of it, and I think the underlying question that we all probe at is this:

How can we define self-actualization for ourselves, and what life events have influenced us to settle upon that particular definition?

On that subject, I will leave you with 2 pearls of wisdom that are both in code.

1) Flowers grow from shit.
2) You are probably a lot stronger than you think, and if you think you're weak, maybe you're lucky!


No comments:

Post a Comment