Monday, July 2, 2012

What do YOUR recent Google searches say about you?

Check it out. I am athletic, I use public transport, my friend broke his toe, I can't spell "wilderness" nor do I know the meaning of "concurrently," and I am hopeless when it comes to MATLAB.

But seriously, MATLAB. Handles? Children? It's bad enough when I'm driving on the highway and see those Cloud billboards on which I don't understand a single word, yet I know they have nothing to do with those white condensed fluffy things that engulf San Francisco. Now I also have to work with an array of words whose elementary-school dictionary meaning is suddenly devoid of any tangible, comfortable connection.

I wonder if using words that *very* vaguely relate to their original meaning is better than making up a whole new language. In the second case, it would appear to an outsider that you were speaking another language, and in the first case, it would appear that you were just loopy.

What do YOU think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment