Saturday, April 14, 2012

What is it about being in an allegedly first world country that makes cold showers feel so much colder?
The hot water heater in my bathroom decided that its services weren't really necessary anymore, and being a creature of habit, I have been refusing to use the upstairs bathroom - so I have been showering at people's houses and the gym or subjecting myself to 8-10 minutes of shivering per day.

With the way my body is now officially destroyed, the cold water actually feels kind of nice. How is it destroyed, you ask me?
-Shoulder I sprained two weeks ago yet continued doing stuff with
-Triple length ab session in June's yoga class on Friday
-My makeout sesh with the cement when I ate it trying to learn to longboard on Friday afternoon - thank goodness for helmets!
-Beer...
-Lead climbing at Go Vertical today

Yeah. Bruised my knee and elbow, scraped up my stomach, and got a temporary bump on my forehead yesterday mid afternoon. Entirely my fault and there are many ways it could have been more eventful or traumatizing, but I did take two ice packs to dinner yesterday and have spent a good bit of today feeling injuries/muscle soreness that I could attribute to three or four different potential causes from last week.

But I guess the cold water shower must not be so bad (you were the best I ever had) if I just keep going back to it, and could have its benefits too. My way of keeping Asia alive right in my home.

Tony teaching me to parallel park yesterday was pretty hilarious. Reversing down a narrow street towards the spot and having to repeatedly pull forward to let cars pass by. "These kids must be high!" I am much more solid on the boundaries of my car and the general concept, but there are still light years of work to do. Whoo cramming for moving to San Francisco!

The Big Trip is happening at the end of the month. Kimberly is coming and I couldn't be more excited about it. Whatever our shared space will end up being (STRESS), it will be fabulous and arsty and simple and practical yet infinitely beautiful. I can't wait for the adventures our minds come up with when we aren't busy cramming and stressing about schoolwork. And what an inspiring place to be for young people!

I am happy about driving cross country again. Road tripping is fake being outside, but all the while you are building more concentrated memories with the people you are with because you are sharing such a small space. One very vivid snapshot from our Utah trip was listening to the epic violin music while driving west through a two hour sunset from Utah to Arizona, watching the winding road disappear into the mountains into the horizon into the endless sun, everything descending so slowly and all together, our route creeping towards an end at the same pace that the daylight slowly disappeared somewhere - but daylight was so objective if you could just chase it until the end of the coast. Imagine flying with the sun on a two-person airplane, letting the violin sing your feelings and words for you and just floating there, your speed hanging you on a string in the whirlwind of the rotating earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment